Why is It Essential to Invest in Bird Proofing?
People must watch pesky birds to protect their health and property. Here are a few reasons why:
- Wellbeing Threats – Bird droppings and nesting materials have been linked to several diseases that can infect humans and animals. Their droppings contain various parasites and infectious diseases such as encephalitis and salmonella.
- Investing Costs – Besides affecting people’s well-being, bird droppings and other debris can damage your property. If left untouched, birds can completely ruin your property or solar panel after weeks, months and years of damage.
- Equipment Defects – Pigeon droppings can cause costly damage to solar panels and other equipment. The acidic nature of their faeces can discolour surfaces and oxidise metals.
- Clogged Drains – Bird droppings and nesting materials such as twigs, grass, and moss clog the drains and gutters. If not cleaned properly, it can cause flooding, especially during the rainy season.
- Falling Chances – Slippery bird droppings in the environment can increase the chances of slipping and falling.
- Food safety is essential – Birds find their way into restaurants, storage facilities, processing and packaging areas, and other places and contaminate food. Not monitoring bird nests can substantially impact food safety scrutiny.
Solar Panel Pigeon Proofing in Melbourne
One of the common issues faced by our clients is the damage caused by pigeons. Their nesting materials and droppings can accumulate on the panels, reducing their efficiency and potentially causing long-term damages. Additionally, bird droppings can be unsettling and unhygienic, posing health risks to you and your family.
If you are facing issues with pigeon proofing in Melbourne, Tom’s Pest Control Melbourne is here to help you. Our professional pigeon control service team in Melbourne specialises in providing effective solar panel pigeon proofing solutions.
How We Implement Pigeon Control Solutions on Your Solar Panels?
At Tom’s Pest Control, we offer reliable and humane pigeon proofing methods tailored to suit your needs. Here’s how we can assist you: Many of us worry about the methods bird removal companies use for bird control. At Tom’s Pest Control, we believe in humane pigeon proofing methods to ensure the birds are not harmed. Here are some ways we can assist you in bird control.
- Assessment: Our expert team will thoroughly inspect your solar panels and surrounding areas to identify potential entry points and areas where pigeons may nest.
- Customised Solutions: Based on our assessment, we will recommend the most suitable pigeon proofing techniques for your solar panels. These may include:
- Installing Mesh or Wire Barriers: We will secure your solar panels with durable solar panel bird proofing mesh or wire barriers, preventing pigeons from accessing the area.
- Implementing deterrents: We can install effective visual or audio bird deterrents, such as reflective devices, bird spikes, or ultrasonic devices, to discourage pigeons from roosting on your solar panels.
- Professional Installation: Our experienced technicians will skillfully install the chosen solar panel pigeon proofing measures to ensure their effectiveness and durability.
- Maintenance and Follow-up: We offer ongoing maintenance services to ensure that the pigeon proofing measures remain intact and continue to protect your solar panels. Our team will always be a phone call away if you encounter any future issues.
Our solar panel pigeon proofing methods are safe for the birds and comply with ethical standards. We strive to deliver long-lasting results and provide a pest-free environment for your solar panels.
Despite being a crucial part of our ecology, birds may seriously harm humans and property. Damages may compound and cost you money, whether you have a bird nesting in your house or too many birds living on your land.
Birds typically construct nests within rain gutters and other drainage system components when they settle on your roof. When the drainage system is obstructed, snow, ice, and rain can accumulate on your roof and cause significant problems.
Roofs under too much stress may cave in, but not before they fracture and require expensive repairs. Also, the acidity in bird droppings can damage HVAC systems, roofing, vehicles, and more. When the droppings corrode HVAC wiring and systems, they will inevitably malfunction or break down. When the droppings corrode rooftops, leaks and holes can appear.
Solar panels are becoming more and more popular among homeowners to reduce their power costs. However, when pigeons build a nest below your solar panels, they severely damage the panels and wiring, creating an unattractive mess on your roof. Consequently, it is necessary to pigeon-proof solar panels.
Choosing our specialists to install your solar bird proofing means putting your faith in a business with years of experience. Our pest control specialists in your area are happy to help you discuss and share your concern about your pest issues.
We can provide the quality treatments available while keeping our costs low. In addition, your solar panel pigeon proofing will be backed by Tom’s Pest Control Melbourne Service Guarantee to provide you peace of mind. If the treatment is unsuccessful, well, fix it for free. Waiting for pigeons to ruin your solar panels is a bad idea.
Following are the steps covered in bird control inspection on your property:
- Identification of bird species will depend on your actions.
- It’s crucial to comprehend that the term “infestation level” often refers to the flock or population size.
- Detect the area where the birds have taken over. It is typical to locate several places on the property.
- You can find the access equipment by correctly evaluating the place. Ladders, lifts, cranes, and scaffolding are examples of equipment.
- Recognise any limitations that can cause your project to stop or be delayed.
- You could be involved in initiatives that need specific permits, such as public access or even renovating historic structures.
- Your pricing estimate, which will include labour time, travel costs, equipment rentals, material costs, and other ancillary costs, will be broken down with your site evaluation.
Your solar panel investment might be compromised if pigeons destroy the inside and outside components of the panels. In addition, high amounts of acidity found in pigeon droppings can harm the surface of your solar panels and erode cables.
So, it’s crucial to use a solar panel bird control service. Our skilled and experienced bird control professionals at Tom’s Pest Control Melbourne successfully use bird-proof solar panels. Our standardised processes for bird-proofing solar panels aim to prevent birds from landing and roosting on the panels.
We also provide routine maintenance services for further protection against bird poop and other debris on your solar panels. Don’t hesitate to contact Tom’s Pest Control if you are worried about birds harming your solar panels.
The worst that can happen from bird mites is a few nights of restless itching. However, it’s preferable to keep them hidden. Before removing any nesting birds from your property, keep an eye out for them and verify local wildlife rules.
Physical eradication is the best line of action when attempting to get rid of mites in your house. You might want to try vacuuming or wet them with a cloth. To permanently rid your home of mites, you must remove the vacuum cleaner bag immediately.
A safe insecticide that works well against mites is permethrin. It is safe for pets to be exposed to and is used for localised spot therapy.
For their food and that of their young, birds eat insects, including mosquitoes, beetles, and moths. Insect larvae are highly protein-rich and are caught in large quantities by birds.
Due to the prevalence of insects that prey on plants and animals, life would have been terrible without birds (from grains to human blood). This means that in natural systems, birds are essential for both lowering and sustaining insect populations.
Being insectivorous, birds consume beetles, weevils, caterpillars, grasshoppers, and other insects. By bringing bluebirds to your property, you may effectively manage pests without the use of pesticides or additional expenses.
Even though using harsh pesticides to manage insect infestations may have solved one issue, they ultimately had terrible effects, and endangered birds were killed. However, with precise scientific technologies, we can now utilise medicines that target that particular insect while harmless to all other animals.
When battling infestations, this is essential since, while you want to get rid of the bug, you also don’t want deadly and hazardous chemicals near your kids, pets, and the wonders of nature, like birds. However, you may use Control Bug Spray with confidence, knowing that you’re using a natural solution that eliminates pests and won’t harm your bird.
Remember that using natural insecticides is beneficial for you, your pets, and not only your birds. Invest today.
Bird mesh is one of the best methods for protecting residential solar systems from birds. Bird mesh wraps around the perimeter of the entire array and is designed to seal the space beneath your solar panels. It is attached directly to the panels.
The least appealing solution for deterring birds is spiked, yet they are quite effective. Spikes discourage birds from perching on or near your solar panels long enough to build a nest or create a major mess.
Although they appear old, plastic birds of prey are functional. For example, a fake owl can move convincingly and often enough to drive birds away if you invest in one with a head that swings in the wind. For solar panels, they make excellent pigeon guards.
You may have to spend between $200 and $1500 to get your property pigeon proofed. However, the price may increase based on the number of solar panels in your system, the slope of your roof, the height of your home’s (or company’s) roof, and whether or not nests of birds need to be removed before installation.
Our bird-proofing crew will evaluate your roof and solar panels in great detail when they arrive at a project. This inspection will enable us to provide you with a bird-proofing quotation and report that will include an estimate for the cost of pigeon-proofing solar panels.
If you have pigeons beneath your solar panels and want to learn more about our pigeon-proofing solutions, call us now at (03) 9034 5957 or request a call back through our contact page.
You will most frequently encounter robins, sparrows, crows, blackbirds, starlings, and mourning doves in and near your solar panels. However, you can take advantage of the fact that certain bird species are aware of keeping their distance from predatory birds, primarily hawks and owls.
Most hardware and home supply stores sell plastic owls and hawks. The predator bird should be placed on your fence or a prominent limb of a neighbouring tree. Most hardware and home supply stores sell plastic owls and hawks. Birds will notice the fake predators and know to avoid the area.
A variety of sound devices are available that are intended to keep birds away from solar panels. One of them generates a sound so high in pitch that humans cannot hear it but will frighten away birds.
Stainless steel bird spikes are the best way to stop birds from building nests. However, the additional strategies or solutions for bird protection will also be effective.
Small, inexpensive mirrors placed in areas where birds frequently nest might effectively deter. Another option is to hang a long length of foil from trees or eaves so that it will reflect sunlight and attract a variety of birds. Finally, your home’s atmosphere will be less alluring to birds if you remove any areas with pooled water, such as birdbaths and pet water bowls.
But keep in mind that the optimal time to implement bird control measures is when solar panels are newly installed or before nuisance birds start to appear.
The Melnor Jet Spray is an excellent choice if you’re looking for the ultimate bird deterrent. Additionally, it works incredibly well as an animal deterrent. Use the Po eland Outdoor Laser, a high-quality bird repellent product, on your garden or patio to stop birds from dropping their waste all over the place.
This device is a smart choice when it becomes dark out since it employs a laser to scare away birds. The RFLT-1 moves with the wind and uses a shine to dissuade any approaching birds. Chrome-plated plates that reflect light are this feature’s deterrent.
Use the American DJ DMX 800W strobe light. It won’t accept much room and is built small.